The “Get in the Hearing Loop” Campaign is a communication access program that is sponsored by the Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA). If you need help advocating for a hearing loop system visit the “GITHL TOOL KIT” that is stocked with a sample RFP, postcards, sample letters, posters, checklists, etc. for download as PDFs.
“We dream of a world where people with hearing loss can thrive each day with communication access, full inclusion, and equal participation in all aspects of life, everywhere they go. Through education, advocacy, and consultation services, the Get in the Hearing Loop program has laid the groundwork for a national movement of loop enthusiasts who are promoting communication access and ADA compliance, one loop at a time. We hope to change public spaces—and lives!—by sharing information about hearing loops.”
- Hearing Loss Facts and Statistics
- Are You Hearing Everything You Could?
- A Guide to Understanding Hearing Loops
- GITHL Brochure for Venues
- Providing ADA Mandated Communication Access
- How Does a Hearing Loop Work? – International Hearing Loop Manufacturer’s Association (IHLMA)
- Best Practices for Hearing Loop Installation
- Assistive Listening System Checklist
- Best Practices to Install a Hearing Loop System that Meets the IEC Standard
- Why Meet the IEC Standard for Hearing Loop System Installation?
Postcards, Small Cards and Posters
- Ask Your Audiologist About Telecoils, postcard
- HEAR HERE: How to Connect Telecoil to Loop, postcard
- Ask Venue to Consider a Hearing Loop System, small card
- GITHL Logo, 20”x 30” Poster
- Hearing Loop Educational Posters – 20”x 30”
- PDF version (includes 2 pages)